Have you re-homed a cat from us?
You can post photos and stories to our staff at the sanctuary by email at:
When posting, please tell us if you would like us to add your pictures and story
to the re-homed page, as without your permission we can't add them to the site.
The THARG team.
We ask that you read the following thoroughly, before visiting us.Re-homing takes place on Saturday afternoons from 2 PM to 4:00 PM (a constraint primarily due to staff levels and work load). Re-homing may be available during the week for persons who have viewed our cats on Saturday and were unable to decide on a cat (basically if you have narrowed it down to a couple of cats on Saturday). These weekday re-homings are always at the sole discretion of the sanctuary manager.
In any event we ask that you please ring first.
Our homing officers will be on hand to help you to find the perfect cat or kitten for you.
1. If you are looking for a kitten, please ring the sanctuary first 0161 975 0784, as we don't always have them. This isn't necessary if you want an adult cat.
2. Please do not arrive prior to 2pm. The cattery is above our charity shop and people who arrive early and insist on waiting cause congestion in the shop. This puts shoppers off and as a result we lose money that is much needed for the cats.
You will need to bring two forms of identification with you:
1/ Proof of your current address e.g. a recent household
2/ A picture I.D. e.g. driving licence or passport.
No cats or kittens will be re-homed without these proofs of
identity, NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Children are welcome to visit the cattery but must be quiet, well behaved and accompanied by an adult.
5. Please be patient as you may have to wait in line for your turn to view the cats/kittens.
6. Take your time choosing and feel free to ask our homing officers any questions you may have. Cats live for 20 plus years and whichever cat you choose will become a member of your family so you must be sure. If you aren't sure, you're welcome to come back again and again until you are.
7. We only home neutered adult cats and ask people taking kittens to sign a declaration that they will have the kitten neutered at 6 months of age.
8. We ask for a minimum donation of £50 per cat/kitten which includes four weeks FREE cat insurance with PET PLAN. Donation requests for pedigrees may be higher.
sell food, beds, carriers, litter trays, litter etc.
We can also micro-chip your cat/kitten (dependant on age/size of kitten) at a cost of £15.
10. If after viewing an adult cat you
wish to reserve them we ask for a non refundable £10 deposit. We
do not reserve kittens.
Please note the maximum reservation period is 7 Days. Reservations beyond this time will incur a charge of £15 per week.
will only be allowed out of the sanctuary in secure carriers.
Cardboard boxes etc. are NOT appropriate. If
required carriers can be purchased from our sanctuary. It may
be possible subject to availability to loan out carriers,
however a fully refundable £10 deposit will be required.
Our estimates of the cat's ages are based upon information we are given by previous owners, coupled with many years of experience working with cats. Please ensure when you visit our sanctuary that you are happy with the age and condition of the cat before committing to taking them home.
We reserve the right to refuse to home a cat or kitten to any person or persons. This is entirely at the discretion of the homing officer.
We look forward to seeing you sometime soon,
The THARG team.